Regulations for Township of Severn Residents
The Township of Severn regulates open air burning through an “Open Air Burning Permit System”.
Fire Ban lifted
Township of Severn lifted its Fire Ban following Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry's recent announcement.
Only campfires are permitted. Please follow these safety tips:
- Only burn clean, dry wood.
- A campfire should be no larger than 50 centimetres (1.5 feet) in diameter.
- Your fire pit should be at least 10 metres away from your home and three metres from your property line or any other structure/combustibles.
- Before lighting an outdoor fire, check the weather forecast. Be sure to avoid windy conditions that can blow embers.
- Clean away leaves and other combustible materials around the pit to ensure the fire doesn’t accidentally spread.
- Always have a container of water nearby or a garden hose on standby before starting the fire.
- Only one campfire per property is permitted.
In response to COVID-19, Severn Fire and Emergency Services has suspended all open-air fire permits until further notice.
Before burning of any kind please read the following brochures to determine if you require a permit.