Township of Severn adapts building services
to ensure health and safety
Township of Severn continues to monitor, adapt and respond to COVID-19. We implemented
several protective measures to safely enable essential services.
We adapted our building services to support construction in our community. The
measures listed below will help prevent the spread of COVID-19
and protect the health and safety of our community.
- We continue to review all building permit applications.
- Building permit application forms are available on our website, by email, or in person by appointment.
- You can submit your building permit application to us by email, mail, drop box, or in person by appointment.
- You can pay for your building permit by cheque (to Township of Severn) by mail or drop box; or by debit or cheque in person by appointment.
- You can contact us by email or phone to request a building inspection.
- We continue to accept documents from project architects and engineers. Documents include reports, instructions, and drawings.
- To ensure physical distancing, we will inspect sites alone. When this is not possible,
everyone present must wear a mask.
For more information or to book an appointment, please contact us at email@example.com or
The building department is responsible for the enforcement of the Building Code Act and the Ontario Building Code. This includes the issuance of building permits and the inspection of all newly constructed buildings.
The Building department is also responsible for By-Law enforcement and it's vast expertise is used to answer any questions or complaints that our residents may have.